Thursday, May 1, 2008

more foot trouble

So last Saturday I taped a blister area I'd recently picked at (this is such a dumb thing to do, I know (the picking, not the taping), but I literally can't help myself). I think I taped it too tight because after the 20 miles I had a blister the size of a peanut there, which I could feel toward the end of the run, which I think then made me run weird and now my foot really hurts. Along the top arc from my big toe to all across my foot, it feels like I've fractured my bone. I hope I haven't, though. Because if after all this training I can't run the big one, I'll really be T.O.ed.

I'm treating myself to an early mother's day gift and getting a new pair of running shoes before I pick up Erin on our way out to Prescott for the Whiskey Row! Is it wise to run a half-marathon in brand-spanking-new shoes?? I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments: