Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Let the great carbo load of 2008 begin!

So, the time has come, kids. A little over 72 hours until the marathon. Now comes the time when I fuel up with lots of good carbs like oatmeal and whole wheat tortillas and so on and so forth. I plan on eating a banana wrapped in a tortilla smothered in oatmeal this very evening. Just kidding.

But on a serious note, chillins, electrolytes electrolytes electrolytes. I can't emphasize that enough. *cough* *electrolytes* Drink the gatorade, hydrate yaselves, stretch dem muscles, and get ready for an amazing day on Saturday!

P.S. I'd stay away from dairy as it has a lot of lactose, which leads to lactic acid buildup, which causes the muscles to be sore.

3 comments:

lacy lee said...

I did not know this! Thanks, Brent!

Ryan Brijs said...

Raise your hand if you can't wait until this marathon is over!

Dana said...

Wow 72 hours. I'm really starting to freak out.