Sunday, May 25, 2008

Goodbye Puffy Blue Jacket... Goodbye

So yesterday when I ran with Jann (hee hee.. I love an accidental rhyme..) anyway, I ditched my puffy blue life-preserver jacket that I've worn on all my long runs. It was perfect for the winter training but is now a little much for the weather. The zipper pockets on this baby are perfect for all my gear and it never chaffed me up of course. I got it at the Gold Mine-- a thrift store in Hailey, Idaho-- and never really used it that much until I started running. It was a jem.. Anyway, I ditched it at some stop sign figuring I would go back and get it later... well, since I didn't really want to move for the rest of the night it just didn't happen. Today I drove around looking for it and she was no where to be seen. I'm sure she's still out there, but we were on roads I don't know and my brain is oatmeal while I'm running.
Oh... after checking my voicemail at 2 am.. after a long session of catching up on everyone's blogs, I got this message from Jann saying that her "garmin" or something (it's a GPS watch that tells you how far you've ran) was accidentally turned off so we went 21 miles by the time we got home instead of 18 like we thought. I actually planned on going another 2 miles so she was calling to tell me it wasn't necessary.. but of course I got it a little too late. I was so excited I did a cheerleader kick. Too bad I was so stiff it was barely past 90 degrees and my back was all hunched over (flashback from cheerleading tryout days... huh Lace..) Yay! I'm really relieved because I hit a major wall at around mile 16... which was actually mile 19 so that makes so much more sense. Anyway, I'm really pleased it turned out that way so there's less of a jump on the big day.
Also, Jann thinks she might know where puffy blue is... so maybe there's still hope!!

2 comments:

Brent said...

Annnnnnd? Did you and the puffy blue jacket reunite? And, if you did, did it feel so good?

Mark and April Sullivan said...

Yes!!! I even took my puffy blue to the marathon... it was a pretty chilly start. We were so happy together... she's kind of my good luck charm.