Friday, May 2, 2008

The Half

Lacy reminded me that I totally missed reporting the events of the SLC half marathon. I may be banished from this blog though, seeing how I have only ran 2 miles since the race.


When my and my sister reached the 3 mile mark of our race, we just looked at each other and laughed since most of our family and friends were participating in the 5K. I have to be honest in saying that I hestitated to even post anything, since most of you run 13 miles on a regular basis. I guess you can laugh thinking of me the next time you run this distance.

Besides the gospel choir at the beginning and the cobblestone path through gateway at the end, I give a pretty good rating to the SLC race. The first 8 miles were a gradual downhill through residential neighborhoods. Thankfully, I didn't have to use the port-a-potty during the race and besides walking through the water stations, we didn't stop! That was my main goal. Our time was 2 hours and 20 minutes, which actually surprised our family. My joints were sore the next 2 days since the farthest I had ran before the race was 9 miles. I didn't train as I probably should have.

After doing the race, I am really glad because I pushed myself farther than I ever thought I would. However, I don't know if I am addicted to the long races. Do any of you think that you will do another half or full afterwards? My sister (on the left) is convinced that she will, but I'm not so sure.

No comments: