Monday, May 5, 2008

Whiskey Row Marathon



Well, we did it! Lacy and I successfully finished the WR 1/2 marathon. We did not find out until the night before that the first 6 and 1/2 miles were uphill. This first half of the race was brutal, but as you can imagine, the second half was great since it was mostly downhill. The scenery was absolutely beautiful and the weather was perfect, sunny and cool once we actually started running. The town of Prescott is so quaint and friendly, I am definitely returning next year (maybe for the full marathon). The food after the race was delicious and we were both starving. It was a great experience and Lacy and I had tons of fun catching up.

Good luck to all of you on the upcoming SLC marathon! I cannot wait to hear about it.

3 comments:

lacy lee said...

I just have to go ahead and let everyone know that Erin rocked the Half! She came in at 2:15!! And, no joke, this was a killer course! I didn't fare quite so well (2:45) and had to brake my rule of no walking uphill.

Anyway, I had so much fun this weekend. Thanks Erin!

Dana said...

Wow, you girls are very inspiring! Both times are very impressive, especially since the first half was entirely uphill. I'm so ready to have this whole thing over with. Maybe I'll change my mind too after I race.

Trisha said...

Thanks Lacy for posting your times...I have never ran uphill for that long of a time, so way to go! You guys are awesome!