Wednesday, April 30, 2008

From one nasty-foot sport to the next...

That's what my sister Liberty said after seeing my lovely blisters... I know you've all got 'em. Even though they kill I'm slightly proud and impressed by their massive size and puffiness. Thought I'd share a pic or two of those buggers...



So sorry for my absence on the blog... way to go you running animals! Wow! I'm kind of sad to not be marathon-ing with you guys in Ogden. Can you believe how quickly it's coming up? I'm actually considering trying to run it with y'all but the max I've run is 16 miles last Saturday. It was awesome. It actually wasn't that bad and I didn't even listen to my ipod even though I brought it... I was on FOCUS... so I didn't want to mess with it. I'm really falling in love with running- maybe it has a lot to do with the Provo River Trail.. oh my word GOR-GEOUS! I love being on it. (Except at the very end by the lake... you can't see out and no one ever seems to be out there so it's kinda creepy in my opinion). Anyway, I love it! I'm realizing what a mental sport it is. I don't know if you guys do this but I get SO anxious about my long runs... can i do it? will I finish? how bad will it hurt? do I even want to do it?... all goes through my head. Usually by the time I actually run it, it's a relief from all the psyching out... It's honestly like I'm in 8th grade again on the day of my track meets. I would get so nervous. Why is that? I was never like that in dance (the other "sport" my sister was referring to.. pointe shoes completely deform your feet and toes.. pretty dance.. UGLY FEET!).
DECISION TIME.. so I'm wondering if it would be possible to run in OGDEN skipping the 18 mile run.. I just found out my family is having a reunion the day of my Teton Dam marathon and so my parents couldn't come and help us with Sawyer... there's also one in Bear Lake on the same day that is more flat than downhill (and we have a summer home there) so I'm wondering if I should switch... I've not registered and I need to decide. My gut feeling says to stick to the plan... I don't want to completely kill my hips, knees and ankles by not getting all the training in.. tell me what you all think, now that you've done 18 and 20 miles. I'm so proud of you all. I know you will all finish your marathons and achieve your goals! You can do it!!

2 comments:

2MyGirls said...

I think those are my feet. At least that is what my feet look like right now. I have no idea how to stop the blistering. Keep up the good work!

lacy lee said...

Good to hear from you again, April! I would love to see you at the Ogden Marathon...however, even after the 20 miler I'm a bit nervous for the 26.2. So if you're worried, think about switching to the Bear Lake one. On the other hand, like you say, running is SO psychological and you can do anything you put your mind to!

Keep us posted on what you decide!