Friday, April 4, 2008

a self-pep talk for saturday

I can feel a head cold coming on...but I'm determined to run through it! Especially considering how I ditched out on my 16 miler last Saturday. But before you utterly shun me, let me explain! I kept vacillating between going and not going, as I had a day-long conference to attend, plus, Dave wasn't going to be able to accompany me, etc. I finally decided on ditching part of the conference and going running. But it just was not happening! I decided to wear Dave's camelback and it kept jouncing all over. Plus, I had totally psyched myself out. I ended up coming back to the house, ditching the camelback, and then going back out to run only 4 miles. But somehow I felt okay about it all. I can't explain why. But there it is: my confession.

Anyway, so tomorrow I'll be running the 10 with just me & the Peeps. Next week: 18 (Dave has cleared his schedule for that one), then 10 again, then 20!!! I've promised myself no more psych-outs. Myself is testing me by getting sick and achy. But to mine own self be true! I'm going out tomorrow come what may!

4 comments:

2MyGirls said...

I like how you gave a pep talk to yourself. Talking yourself through it can really help. You can do it!

Dana said...

Lacy I feel your pain. I've had a cold since Tuesday and haven't run all week long. I'm still debating on running the 10 today. If I do run it will be tonight in the gym. Props to you for running through the sickness.

lacy lee said...

update: mission accomplished!

Mark and April Sullivan said...

Nice work! I love it.