Wednesday, February 20, 2008

dear running, be my valentine

I just wanted to write and say: I love running! It's an amazing life discovery, really--one I never thought I'd be capable of (or interested in) making. But here I am, looking forward to running for hour. It's been nice to see my little town in slow motion, to notice just how many dogs are lurking behind people's fences, to find out where the paved trails lead. What's been really nice is that Dave's been off of work for these two weeks, which means that I don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to go running. I'm going to miss that next week. Immensely. Hurry up, super-early sunrise! I need you!

1 comment:

Mark and April Sullivan said...

I'm so happy you are loving running. I hear you about losing it for the treadmill- I've been able to run outside a few times and I LOVE it! I haven't done a long run outside so I'm pretty nervous for this Saturday's 10 miler... I guess anxious is a better word. It really is getting easier and more fun though-YAY!