Thursday, May 21, 2009

we're back!

I've decided to resurrect this blog by running a half marathon. Why not a full? Well, frankly, because I'm just not in the mood.

My sister Syd and I have decided upon the Mt. Rushmore half marathon in October--providential because of its timing (in the fall and on a Saturday, no less) and the fact that I served half my mission there.

We're calling on all friends, family, and slight acquaintances to join us! (There's a full Marathon the same day too, for the doubly ambitious runners out there). Get ready for some fun posts about sweat, blisters, and poo!

Cheers!

6 comments:

Dana said...

I'm trying to calculate if I have the baby the end of June could I be back in fighting shape by Oct.? I really need something to motivate me to get up and move and a half marathon could be it. Your offer is intriguing.

Devry said...

i'm almost tempted...almost

lacy lee said...

Yes, ladies, I implore you to join us! Dana, the training schedule we found is a 12 week one. Totally doable if you have the babe in June!

Dev, none of this "almost" business. You're in!!!

Devry said...

lacy, email me the training schedule and i'll give it some serious thought...i do have some baby weight to lose after all

Dana said...

Send me the training schedule too! Devry, I second Lacy, you are in!!

Megs said...

Um...can I totally just invite myself?? I SO want to do a marathon... and perhaps visit mt. rushmore in the meantime... :)